Friday, August 21, 2009

Post 1- Who is Emily?


Hey guys! As you can see from my description to the right of this screen, I am a 26 year old wife and mother. There are a few other things listed, but to go more into detail for this assignment, I will tell you a few more things about myself. I graduated from Satsuma High School in 2002, then received my Associates degree in Business/Office Administration from Faulkner State Community College in 2005. I worked for an Institutional Review Board and traveled to and from Miami for several months and met alot of interesting people. Among those people, I met my husband Jimmy on www.myspace.com ! Yes.. on myspace! It was love at first comment. ;) We got married in October of 2007.
I worked for that company for 4 years and then received a job at the University of South Alabama College of Medicine. I am the secretary for the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Educational Enrichment. Together we help disadvantaged and minority students achieve their goals of becoming doctors one day.
At that same time, I started school at USA pursuing my degree in Secondary Education/English. I work full time, go to school on my lunch breaks, evenings, and online. On Spring Break of last year I had our first child, a little boy named Judson Bailey- my heart, soul, and world. I am so excited about my future as a teacher. I want to show students how creative they can be and how beautiful English really is.. if you just dig deep enough. Plus it does not hurt that I will have summers off with my little man. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment