Saturday, August 22, 2009

Post 5- Next Generation Learning

The "Next Generation Learning" video was really neat. Of course it would be awesome to have such technologies in our schools around here. Maybe one day we will be that advanced and I look forward to those non-messy boards to teach with, but I think we can get creative enough without them. If we don't have the money then creativity is the next best thing when it comes to educational tools. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be negative and act as though we will not ever see such resources, but it is hard for me to visualize them with everything going on with economy these days. I try and think positively about teaching instead of thinking "oh... well we don't have a Smart Board so lets just pass out worksheets." How about, "Let' go outside and learn today!" Let's take a field trip to the super market to learn how to work math equations or take a trip downtown and go on a walk to learn all about our history here. We could volunteer at a homeless shelter for a field trip and learn about poverty and how the economy affects the public in general. There are endless lesson plans that could be prepared and taught to these young minds that costs far less money. After all, Aristotle did not have a smart board and made it just fine. Like I said though, this is if we did not have the means to receive funding for these remarkable resources.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent job Emily!!!! It feels so good to hear the enthusiasm in your "voice". That is whats makes good teachers. It's not easy keeping the attention of students, no matter the age ;) but loving the job you do can make a world of difference. I believe you e-mailed me you were having problems with post #4. I've made a note in my grade book. Try it from the office computer if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete