Saturday, August 22, 2009

Post 2- Did You Know?

I most certainly did not know this information... and found it to be extremely interesting! It shocked me to see how many honors kids there were in India vs. the amount of kids period in the U.S. The fact that was stated on how many people were brought together and then married by meeting on myspace put a smile on my face since my husband and I met on myspace. The text messaging facts did not shock me one bit. I have noticed changes in myself over the past three years. Three years ago I had never sent a text message before and now that's all I do. Every once in a while I receive or place a personal phone call, but mostly I just text. Even the Dean of Admissions of our school does not receive phone calls throughout the day, she receives text messages that we send her from my office.
The question was asked at the end of the video, "So, what does all of this mean?" I think it means that we have come a long way in a short period of time and there is lots more to come. More than any of us can ever imagine. The technology today is just unbelievable. Teaching students to solve problems before we even know they are problems and training people for jobs that don't even exist yet- truly remarkable. Working at the College of Medicine has shown me some of the new advancements in this world and I am overwhelmed when I see everything that some of the students I work with can do and what they are capable of learning.
We often joke around in the office by saying our computers have a mind of their own... before too long they really will! It is almost scary to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment