Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Post 11: Michael Welsch- A Vision of Students Today

Girl playing on facebook on her pc
I thought Welsch's video was cool. I found it to be very similar to my college experience. One thing in particular that I did not agree on personally was being on facebook or my computer doing other things during class. Yes, I will admit that I do check my facebook before class starts if it is in a classroom with accessible computers and I have nothing else to while waiting for class to get started, but believe it or not some students like myself do want to learn and do listen in class. BUT, in alot of cases that scenario is true. I was embarrassed when one of the professors at our College of Medicine came to me about one of my students playing on facebook and listening to their ipod the whole time class was taking place. I thought it was disrespectful, but the professor informed me that if I was to come by during the Fall semester and take a peak in his door window, that I would see at least 10 out of 20 medical students playing solitaire or browsing their facebook pages. That scares me quite frankly! Shouldn't our future doctors of America be paying attention in class?

1 comment:

  1. Good job. Please make your picture ADA compliant. TITLE = "Photo retrieved from..."

    ReplyDelete