Monday, November 16, 2009

Post 28: Dr. Michael Wesch


I thought the video by Dr. Wesch was pretty neat. It made me think back to how much I have used computers in school. I remember being in 2nd grade and seeing an Apple Computer for the first time ever and my teacher instructing us on how to play Oregon Trail. Throughout elementary school I remember typing stories and printing them in computer class. In 8th grade I learned how to make banners in my typing class. Then in 10th grade instant messaging and e-mailing became a big deal with all the kids at school. My family did not have the internet but I loved getting on friends computers and talking to our classmates. I made my first profile when I was a freshman in junior college (2002). NOW... computers and the internet are a part of my everyday life. I don't know how I would function without one.
The picture Dr. Wesch showed and discussed as being what he sees in his classroom (similar to the one above) every semester is a lot like what I see when I go to classes. It seems as though everyone has laptop computers now and if they don't have one of those, then they have internet access on their cell phones. I liked how he compared the use of the word "whatever" from over the years to how technology has changed over the years and how it means different things to different people. Some people could go without technology. I simply cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment