Monday, November 16, 2009

Post 29: At The Teachers Desk



I think it is important that we have blogs like "At The Teachers Desk" because teachers need a place outside of the teachers lounge to talk and discuss issues that occur in their classrooms. A blog allows teachers to talk to other teachers outside of their own schools and see what great ideas a teacher across the country may have for teaching a lesson that they have been stumped on lately. I think it is great! Part of this being teachers need to get out there and get past their phobias of technology and start interacting with others through the internet. Teachernz posted an entry titled "Getting Over It" in which he does not like to hear the sound of his own voice, but gave in and recorded hisself to help out another class by partaking in a youtube video. He asks how can we expect children to do this (get over our dislikes, fears, and phobias)if we don't?

Another post by Teachernz titled "Pencils and Crayons to be banned in Schools" was interesting. I personally thought the idea was insane and really enjoyed reading the post. I also liked "Why I Blog" by Mr. McClung because it gave a clear reason for why we should blog. I gave a teaching demonstration last week on 6th graders using blogs to learn how use descriptive writing more and the teacher's question to me was "so.. why blog?" I wish I would have read this blog entry first. The entry"Why Did I Move Out of My Comfort Zone" by Chamberlain I could understand where they were coming from and wonder if one day I might be in that same situation. Over the past semester I have changed my mind about wanting to teach 11th grade and now I would like to teach 9th graders.

"Preparing for the First Day" made my mind wander to that exciting place that I have dreamed of my whole life.. the first day of class when I have my very own classroom! I wonder what it will be like and I wonder how many times I will have to change rooms like Mr. McClung had to do (3 times).

No comments:

Post a Comment