Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Post 31: Covering It ALL


I have to be honest... there were times when the very thought of our class syllabus made me want to cry, but overall I got through it and I actually learned a lot!
1.)As a blogger, I of course loved the idea of a classroom blog. I want to be an English teacher so blogging seems like a great tool to use in my writing classroom. Another thing I really liked was the igoogle pages. I really liked how you can add such neat educational games and tools for students to check out. I learned how to do grades in Excel which is something that I have always wondered how to do. I had never really heard of a personal learning network, so that was interesting when I had to set up one of my own and now I understand why it is important to do so. Comments4kids was so cute and actually gave me some ideas for my own classroom if I end up teaching middle school. I am still trying to get used to iTunes and iTunesU, but I will get the hang of it.
2.)I can't think of anything that I would have liked to have learned in this class that was not taught or discussed.
3.)This question made me laugh- how could you not want to use everything we learned in this class?
4.)Reading the kids stories for comments4kids was my favorite assignment! Their stories made me smile and I was always excited to write my posts about what I had read on their page.
5.)The only thing that I had issues with was getting iTunes on my computer at home. It still will not download to it and I am unsure why.
6.)I was never bored. There was too much work to be done to be bored.
7.)I think I would wait and give out one project at a time. I did not think that there should be so many projects due on the same dates and given all at the same time. It was overwhelming.
8.)I would say I am pretty great at being technologically literate!
9.)I plan to maintain and improve my technological literacy by staying involved with PLN's and keeping up with my blogging. You learn something new everyday when you sign online. I do anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Emily. It has been my pleasure having you in my classroom this semester. Thank you so much for the kind words. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete