Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Post 17: Dr. Christie


I am currently enrolled at USA in order to earn a degree in Secondary Education/English, so when I visited Dr. Christie's site, I came up with some ideas while looking through her photography section. In this section, the "Doc" shares photo essays with everyone. They are a collection of photographs that she took and put together in a slide. I thought about having my students make their own photograph essay that tells a story.
Then they could compose an essay telling about the pictures, why they chose them, and what sort of story they were trying to tell. It would for sure be a creative writing project. Dr. Christie had a lot of neat stuff on her site, but that specific section is where I was most intrigued. We as teachers cannot make students enjoy writing, but we can help make it more fun for them and can encourage them that writing is an important role in self expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment