Monday, October 12, 2009

Post 21: The Networked Student

The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler was a cute video. I liked the simple graphics it used to explain today's networked student. Although I do not like the idea of having students only learn online, I see where it can be convenient for some. I think when I think about it, I am thinking of a 9th grade classroom, but for college courses such as the one we are in now, it is a very good thing. I have learned alot in this class already.

I liked how the video covered students having access to lectures from professors and instructors from all different universities available at the finger tips. I would not mind going on iTunes University and seeing if I can find some useful lectures for some of the classes that I am currently attending. I never thought of doing that before. I think her video is a really good video to show students, parents, and other teachers in order to explain how students are using technology as a learning tool today. It was a very simple and easy to understand video.

When asked, "Why does the networked student even need a teacher?" the answer is that the students still needs someone to be there to help guide them through the process of building a network, giving them guidance, and teaching them to communicate properly. No matter how much technology takes over, their will always be a need for teachers.

1 comment: